Today i installed webmin(visual server management tool) in my Azure Ubuntu server. After installation completed, i tried to login to webmin panel via https://IP:10000 , but no success. I did same installation a lot of times with another Linux servers and i surprised when i saw nosuccess in this last case. I tried some research with iptables, netstats, webmin conf file etc. But no result. At the end i have found that to create new access port you need to allow it via Azure Virtual Machine Dashboard.
So i did it, and now the port 10000 works.
This is how to do it:
1. Login to your Azure account ( http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/)
2. Go to my account section (http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/account/)
3. Open Dashboard and choose Virtual Machines tab.
4. Click to your virtual machine name.
5. You will see submenu there, click to Endpoints there.
6. At the bottom you will see ADD button. Click on it.
7. Choose Add standalone endpoint, then fill the form and click to OK.
That’s all. Now your server is able to work with new allowed port.
You must log in to post a comment.